Go Girls Program
Shape the lives of young women
Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 12-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem.
The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image – setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
Our program strives to do the following:
- create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- support the development of leadership and life skills
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- and above all, make a difference
The Go Girls! program consists of 7 mentoring sessions, held over a 7-10 week period, after school and, within school facilities.
Each 1.5-2 hour-long session is loosely structured around four themes:
- physical activity
- healthy eating
- self-esteem, and
- communication skills.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a mentor or donating to the Go Girls Mentoring program we welcome your questions. Contact us today!.
Still not sure mentoring is right for you? Try our Online Orientation