Teen In-School Mentoring Program
The Teen In-School Mentoring (TISM) program matches a teenaged youth (age 15 – 17) with an elementary school student at the nearest primary school to their high school location. The TISM program provides a positive mentor to a younger student, with the teen mentor gaining leadership skills, volunteer hours, and looks great on a resume or a post-secondary application.
- 15 years of age or older
- 1 hour a week during school hours (same hour, same day every week)
- Commitment to full school year (September to June)
- Have been living in the community for 6 months
- Have three reference who have known you for at least 2 years
- Have good school attendance
- Have transportation to the elementary school
- Complete a Police Record Check
For more information, give us a call at 250.756.2447.