Group Program Online Application
Big Brothers Big Sisters offers group programs throughout the year. A group of 5-10 participants will be facilitated by 1-2 mentors.
Our group programs may consist of seven to ten, 1.5 hour sessions held on a predetermined weekday. Each session is fun-filled, active, and informative. Our group programs strive for the following:
• create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
• build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits
• promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
• encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
• support the development of leadership and life skills
• offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
• encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
The first session will include child safety training information reviewed in the Strong from the Start program through Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. As part of the program, participants will be asked to complete an anonymous evaluation informing us about their experience with the program. This information could be used to make program improvements and determine impact.
To register for this program, please complete and submit this form. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Your child may withdraw from the program at any time. If you would like to learn more about this program please contact Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Vancouver Island at 250-756-2447.